Monday, January 4, 2010

Ambassador Profile: Michael Benezra


Working for the Federal Government has opened my eyes to a new and exciting world of opportunities. Last year I was selected to fill the Internship position with the Office of Senator Maria Cantwell in Seattle. While at the Senator’s office, I was given the opportunity to assist her state and regional outreach director’s in the difficult task of planning the Senator’s schedule and preparing documents for briefings with top public officials. This experience inspired me to continue working for the Federal Government and this past summer I traveled out to Washington DC to work in the U.S. House of Representatives. I was hired on by the office of Congressman Norm Dicks (WA-D). Coincidentally, Rep. Dicks is known to be one of the most powerful and influential members in Congress. Rep. Dicks is Chairman of the Interior Appropriations Committee, which gives him the authority to appropriate money and efforts towards specific Interior (Forestry, Fisheries and Wildlife Habitats) projects. I had the opportunity to help conduct research on specific issues and related events that shape policy for the entire country. Simply having the pleasure of entering the U.S. Capitol every morning, made the experience worthy in itself. My experience in working for the Federal Government has given me the knowledge and tools necessary to pursue a career in any field imaginable.